Monday, December 28, 2009

Back on Track!


I walked 6.69 miles yesterday and 8.69 miles if you count the two I clocked on my pedometer just walking around at work. Spent two hours at the gym on the treadmill and then met a young woman named Chrissie on the Abdominal mat. I had seen her on the Roman Chair and decided I hated her because she was too young and too beautiful and in way too awesome shape. Then she came over and started doing perfect crunches next to me, making my lame crunch attempts look more like a bad case of stomach cramps. Then I decided I despised her.

Secretly I watched her in my peripheral vision trying to pick up on what the #!&&!! I was doing wrong with my reverse crunches, and that is when I saw a small pink ribbon tattooed on her perfectly slender ankle. Damn, I thought, now i have to like her.

I sat up and interrupted her mid crunch, "I like your tattoo, is that a breast cancer ribbon?" She said it was, and she told me about how her grandmother, who she had never known, had died from the disease. I showed her my 3-Day pin which I wear wherever I go, and before you know it we were making plans for her to join the walk and maybe even Team McDonald. I learned she also works at 24 hr fitness, the good one near the Arboretum, and she knows a trainer friend of mine, who, she reminded me, could help with the tight tendons in my left foot and leg.

Oh also two days in a row now, I have seen a strange man who very slowly works out on the elliptical and rolls his running shorts up under the inner underwear part until he looks like he is a wearing a sumo diaper. He likes to pick the machine next to mirror and watch his tush a lot and tuck the loose nylon of the shorts back up as it tries to keep creeping out...creepily like him.

Yay! It's Friday and the training guide says 30 min of yoga today and I am done! Tomorrow another 6 miles ;-)

Also please share my blog and donation page with anyone you know who might support our cause. They Can Donate Here!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites