Monday, December 28, 2009

BRAINWAVES FROM YESTERDAY'S TRAINING WALK


While walking and walking and walking I spent a good amount of time searching for something to blog about. Finally I realized I should provide my supporters a simple glimpse into the mind of a walker facing nothing but 10 miles of pavement and the next 3 hours of nothing but random brain waves:

Are these Texas Flag red white and blue running shorts really as DORKY as Jim says they are?
Is this shoe too loose?
Is it going to rain?
Do I really need to finish this coffee?
Will this red light ever change?
How long is my cell phone going to let me listen to Pandora before it dies?
How does Pandora know what I like?
Do people realize how truly dangerous crossing highways are?
Is my lace untied?
Did that guy really honk at me while I was bending over to tie my shoe?
Was he honking at my ass up in the air or cause I am wearing dorky shorts?
Note to self, learn to bend at the knees.
Note to self don't engage scary men smoking cigarettes and chopping down trees, just because you thought it would be witty to tell him he could carve the tree stump into a garden elf?
Why did I choose to walk through the economically challenged part of PVILLE today?
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Why did those two men suddenly pull over in front of me and back up and park?
Do they see me acting like I am calling the cops? Why don't I carry MACE on these walks!
Will the men who drove off just now come back around for me down the block?
Am I overly paranoid?
How far have I walked now?
Do I already have blisters?
What does my pedometer say?
Is that pissed off Chihuahua going to bite me?
If it tries, will I kick it?
Is that lady going to let it chase me all the way down the block?
Why don't I carry MACE on these walks!
Is that the Ethiopian restaurant Tracy and Michael want to eat at?
Are there snakes down there in that creek?
How can my cell phone be already dead?
How can I walk 7 more miles without music?
Do I have to pee so bad that I am going to use that abandoned port a potty up there on the left?
Is it really necessary to lock the porta potty door while I am in here?
Did I pee on my leg?
Why is that old man sledge hammering the door of a church?
Why did I just offer the old man my husband's services to sledge hammer the door of the church?
Why did I think this guy was an old man, he's like 40 something? Why did I take back my offer and explain to him that i thought he was an old man in need of help?
When will I learn to stop talking to random people on these walks?
Do I already have blisters?
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Seriously, Is this thing broke?
Why did I not know about this trail, or this creek, or this park?
Is there a snake in that creek?
Where are all the snakes?
Why did the massive cheering from the nearby soccer field turn to a collective OHHHHHH!!
Do those sirens have any connection to the collective OHHHH???
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Is thing broke?
Do I already have blisters?
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Seriously, Is this thing broke?
Do I already have blisters?
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Seriously, Is this thing broke?
Do I already have blisters?
What time is it?
What does my pedometer say?
Seriously, Is this thing broke?

by Patricia McDonald on Sun, Sep 06, 2009 @ 11:53 AM CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites