Monday, December 28, 2009

WOW - What a start!


Well,
Thank you very much! The donations are beginning to roll in and its very inspiring!
I am ashamed to say that last night I did not complete my training program. It was how do you say a series of unfortunate events. First I found a family locked inside our community tennis court, the wife was outside and hubby and kids were locked in. I wondered if it was really an accident. Jim had to pry them out with a crow bar. They were not exactly in good enough shape to climb the fence.

Anyway it was getting pretty late and started off on the walk and what had been a dull pain in my thighs all day turned into shooting pains rather quickly - I decided (per my training book) that when it hurts to lay off to avoid injury. Technically per my training program (given in the walk guide) last night was supposed to be 15 min of cross training only) so I think my body was trying to tell me to go by the book!

I will be off to buy a second pair of walking shoes tomorrow as well. Yesterday I bought tickets for Victoria and I to go to Kentucky for the McIntyre Family reunion. I plan on staying on my walking schedule the best I can and I am very excited by the thought of doing a 5 mile walk up and down a long country early in the morning listening to the sounds of the country. I may never leave!

Cheers,
Patricia (Pam)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites