Monday, December 28, 2009

DONATIONS

GEARING UP FOR SEPTEMBER
Wow I can't believe it has really been a month since my last blog post. I was trying not to overdo it and under did it. I also blame it on Walkers Block... There just does not always seems to be something new and interesting on my walks to expound on...But supporters do need an update on my progress, and yesterday I did get an idea of something to write about, so with no further adieu. Here goes...

PROGRESS UPDATE
I have 9 weeks, yes 9 weeks to be ready for the walk. To finish raising donations and get my legs and body in optimal condition for the three day 60 mile walk. And where am I now? Well having recovered from stepping on some glass with my bare foot (which hijacked my walking for about 2 weeks), I estimate I am a little less than half way ready for this walk. Which is I admit a bit behind where I should be.

I have done well to get my short weekly 5 and 6 mile walks in, but I have not done so well in the past three weeks on weekend walks. These ARE the crucial ones and I cannot skip anymore! What I also realize is that to meet the demands of these weekend walks I must also forgo weekend wine and weekend nights out on the town till 2 am.. Duhh...

This labor day weekend I am trying to do half the walk to gauge my readiness. In doing so, I will be attempting to walk 10 miles three days in a row. Yesterday would have been the third time I have walked a full 10 miles in one day during training. I have done numerous 6 and 7 milers, so I truly think I am ready to push it up a notch. Yet, Yesterday I began the mission by walking only 7. I started at 10am (Too late) and ended at 1 PM (too hot). I did walk for three straight hours, but I also ran out of water and energy food and decided to call Jim. This means today and tomorrow I owe an extra 1.5 miles to make up for the 3 miles I did not complete. My plan today is to find a very shady very long trail and start walking at 6 PM. I think town lake is the best bet as there are plenty of places to refuel along the way!


Donation wise, well...., it it quite a challenge to find time to both raise money and get the walking miles in... I actually had an idea that I could buy a cheap treadmill, get Jim to power it with a car battery and put it out on the corner down town somewhere and make a complete spectacle of myself. Maybe at a tailgate party or some other major Austin outdoorsy event, maybe near a hospital, or church. Hmmmm..... need to get that in Gear too!

Anyway, although I am halfway to my goal, I still need to raise about 1500 dollars. AND THE BIG ISSUE, is that by mid October what I have NOT raised I HAVE TO WRITE A CHECK FOR... or drop out of the walk. OUCH....so PLEASE PLEASE if you have been meaning to contribute and have not yet done so PLEASE do now... and please recruit your friends, family, businesses to join my cause..! Thanks!

by Patricia McDonald on Sun, Sep 06, 2009 @ 11:51 AM CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites