Monday, December 28, 2009

Recovery Week for Wonder Woman

Raised $2430.00

I wish I could report that I am Wonder Woman and that I walked another personal best this past week, but alas, I am no Wonder Woman this week! I am no Bionic Woman either; however I can say my body has been in the shop for repairs so to speak. As any good trainee does, I took my trainer's advice and gave my body a much needed and deserved rest. Dan promised me that by allowing my body time to heal, I would come out stronger in the end, and I faithfully believed him and cancelled my walks on Tues and Thursday of this week. My Saturday and Sunday walks were cut back to 17 miles total as well.

Wednesday night I learned and practiced some cool new stretches, and Saturday morning I was off to Dicks Sporting Goods to buy new shoes, a Hot Pink rain jacket, a very cute running skirt and some other much needed gear. Decked out in my new gear, I walked Charlie the first four miles on Saturday and then finished the last uneventful four on my own. Sunday it rained and I found myself walking the parking garage again, I attempted to walk the full 9 miles in the parking garage and calculated that from top to bottom twice equaled 1 mile I would need to walk up and down it 18 times (this includes ramps on both ends) to make 9 miles. I got about half way done and decided that walking in the rain would be better than feeling like a hamster. About 2 miles away from the garage, I learned my moisture resistant jacket was more pink than waterproof and decided I would rather be a dry hamster.

Last night I did 6 miles in about 2 hours. In sum this week's walks have been super boring, with the exception of the guy who stopped his car, asked my name and if I was married, and then told me I was "very beautiful." Creepy and flattering all at the same time! And I have to give credit to the new walking skirt!!

I truly don't like the cold or the rain and I am about fed up with walking in both. Note: I love the cold and the rain when snuggled inside with a good book and a glass of wine!

Ok on to the Great News, it seems last week's prior rest DID make a huge difference in my walk. My feet did not hurt AT ALL. My lower back however and hip flexors were tweaked at bit, but I think this had to do with walking up 36 ramps in the parking garage last Saturday!

Anyway I am using a credit I have at YogaYoga today for a massage and I am really looking forward to it! This weekend is Jenny's (my Friend and Supporter) going away party. Dan has set another 20 mile weekend before me. Friday, Jim and I are cleaning out our walk-in bedroom closet to prepare to have our bedroom floors redone (due to our leaking roof). What a week I have in store! I need my bionic butt, red boots and golden lasso more than ever!

by Patricia McDonald on Wed, Oct 14, 2009 @ 11:52 AM CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites